Thursday, July 15, 2010

Great Weather

One day last week it was so warm after dinner I put my shorts on (a rare occasion) and walked downtown and bought a big chocolate ice cream cone at the "Doctor's Office" shop by the ferry landing and watched the international ferry unload. Our Customs guys do a very thorough job. They even have a rig on a truck which detects any radioactive stuff. We have had about a week now of absolutely fantastic weather.

Last evening (Wednesday is rhythm and blues night) I walked to town again to catch a set of R & B at the new restaurant - "The Rumor Mill". This place was for many years called "The Electric Company", and was the home of the Island City Jazz Band and the beginnings of the famous San Juan Island Goodtime Classic Jazz Festival. But now it's been completely remodeled by the new owners, Orrin and Peggy, of Ale House fame. The place was packed, the music was great (and loud), and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I sat at a table with (Ex) FH Mayor, David Jones, my neighbor. David does not miss a single R&B note each week, and is the official vendor of the Band's CDs.

AAAh, Summer in the San Juans is here!

No comments: